The House News
8th April 2013
<Chinese Companies Snatched 25% of All High-Speed Rail Contracts>
At a cost of HK$66.9 billion (US$8.62 billion), the Guangdong-Shenzhen-Hong Kong High-Speed Rail is estimated to complete by 2015, that is less than three years left. So far, a total of HK$43.7 billion (US$5.63 billion) worth of contracts of the project has been approved. HK$10.2 billion (US$1.32 billion) worth of contract, which is approximately 25% of the total contract value, was given to Chinese companies or joint-ventures that partner with Chinese companies. Since the railway has to comply with China’s railway system, all carriages, signal system and other major hard and soft-ware have to be made in China products. However, a number of projects including the mobile communications systems for passengers on train (mobile phone signal facilities) and other civil engineering works are being bid for by Chinese companies.
獲撥款669億的廣深港高鐵香港段，離預計通車時間2015年尚餘3年時間，目前已批出合共437億元的合約，其中， 有近四分一為中資公司（或中資與其他 公司聯營競標），涉及金額102億；由於要與內地列車完全接軌，車組、訊號系統等主要軟硬件，需要全面使用國貨，但乘客車上通訊系統（手提電話訊號等）、 部份土木工程等，亦是由中資公司投得。
The contractors who won the bids for major contracts of the High-Speed Railway include Beijing HollySys Co Ltd, the company that was being severely criticised at the Wenzhou High-Speed train collision. The two trains collided at the Wenzhou high-speed train collision in July 2011 used HollySys’ central controlling system. Although the official investigation report said that the accident was caused by a malfunction of the communication system at the station’s control centre, and has nothing to do with HollySys, the public still have doubts about whether HollySys’ system on the train was related to the collision.
奪 得主要合約的，包括在前年溫州高鐵事故中備受質疑的和利時。2011年7月，溫州高鐵追撞事故中的兩架列車，採用的就是和利時供應的車載防控系統。官方 發表調查報告，稱意外是由車站列車控制中心通訊系統故障引起，與和利時的系統無關，但公眾對列車上的車載系統是否涉及意外仍充滿疑問。
All contracts of the Hong Kong section of the High-Speed Rail awarded to Chinese companies are listed below, and here is the complete list of contracts.
● Maeda – China State Joint Venture: HK$4.7 billion (US$605 million) (Tai Kong Po to Tse Uk Tsuen Tunnels; Shek Kong Stabling Sidings & Emergency Rescue Sidings)
● CRCC-HC-CR15G Joint Venture: HK$1.7 billion (US$219 million) (Huanggang to Mai Po Tunnels)
● CRGL – Chun Wo – QR Joint Venture: HK$1.2 billion (US$155 million) (Trackwork and Overhead Line System)
● CSR Qingdao Sifang Co Ltd: HK$1.7 billion (US$219 million) (Express Rail Link: Rolling Stock)
● Beijing HollySys Co Ltd: HK$600 million (US$77.3 million) (Signalling System – Trackside Equipment, Trainborne Equipment; and Main Control System)
● Comba Telecom Ltd: HK$100 million (US$12.9 million) (Passenger Mobile Communications System)
● Nuctech Company Ltd: HK$200 million (US$25.8 million) (Ticketing System)
● Jiangsu KTK Locomotive & Rolling Stock Co Ltd: HK$78.29 million (US$10.1 million) (Locomotives and Flat Wagons)
Total: HK$10.2 billion (US$1.32 billion)
Jiangsu KTK Locomotive & Rolling Stock Co Ltd: HK$78.29 million (US$10.1 million) (Locomotives and Flat Wagons)
/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;